Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Fairy Tale Castle Tour : June 2012

In June we went on a Fairy Tale castle tour and it was amazing! I love that there are so many cool things to do in Germany and I hope to find some adventure back stateside as well. 

We started our day super early at 2 AM to take our bus ride to the Castles:

Neuschwanstein:


This is the castle that Walt Disney fashioned his castle after.

This is a view from a bridge

Clearly Lyla was over the picture taking by the time someone offered to take ours. 

I forgot to rotate these, but this is the Castle main entrance. 

Another Castle door!
(we were not allowed to take inside photos unfortunately)
After this castle we headed to a famous church called Wieskirche. Here is a link to the history:


Wieskirche and Lunch:
Beautiful church in a very small town

I could never remember the name, so I took a picture :) 

Beautiful art inside this church

There was a sign clearly stating not to go past a certain point unless you were in prayer. These guests didn't read English or German...lol 

This is the famous crying statue. 

We had a wonderful German lunch, I wish I had taken pictures of the food! 


This huge cross on a "mountain" near where our bus was parked.

And she fell asleep walking back to the bus from lunch. 

Linderhof:
Still napping

These castles are beautiful!

Amazing gardens


View of the castle from up top!



It was such an amazing trip, if you are ever in Germany, I highly suggest these places to go see! 


No comments:

Post a Comment