Monday, November 14, 2011

The Holiday Season.

As the holidays approach we are really missing Austin being around.

Lyla is becoming such a big girl and I think she will really enjoy being around family this year for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Last year we started a sugar cookie tradition where we baked and decorated cookies together, so I made some and sent them to Austin (vacuum sealed) along with icing to decorate. I hope this can bring a little bit of home his way.

I didn't make it in time to make him a big Christmas package, but I am sending out a couple tomorrow that will have random items in it.

Lyla and I are looking forward to her first Christmas in Georgia this year where she will get to see her grandparents, aunts and uncles, and many more family members that she would not other wise get to see.

This being said, March can not come quickly enough for us. We are very ready for her Daddy to be home!

A little over 100 days until he is back in GA for leave!

No comments:

Post a Comment